1. World Consumer Rights Day being observed today
- The World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated globally on 15th March to promote basic rights of all consumers.
- The theme for this year is ‘Trusted Smart Products’.
- The first World Consumer Rights Day was observed in 1983 and become an important occasion for mobilizing citizen action.
- In India. we also observe the National Consumer Day on the 24th of December every year.
2. 15th March: The world sleep day
- The world sleep day 2019 observed on 15th March to celebrate healthy sleep and draw attention towards its related issues including medicine, education and social aspects.
- The theme for this year is ‘Healthy Sleep, Healthy Aging’.
- The day is observed annually on the Friday before the March Equinox on the Earth.