Honours & Awards
- Indore has been awarded India’s cleanest city for the third straight year in the central government’s cleanliness Swachh Survekshan 2019 (SS 2019) awards.
- The second and third positions in the category were grabbed by Ambikapur (Chhattisgarh) and Mysore (Karnataka).
- The New Delhi Municipal Council area was given the ‘Cleanest Small City‘ award, Gauchar (Uttarakhand) was adjudged the ‘Best Ganga Town’ in the central government survey.
- The ‘Cleanest Big City’ award has been bagged by Ahmedabad, while Raipur is the ‘Fastest Moving Big City’.
- Ujjain has been the adjudged the ‘Cleanest Medium City‘ and Mathura-Vrindavan bagged the tag of the ‘Fastest Moving Medium Cities‘.
- Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) has been declared as the cleanest capital.
- Swachh Survekshan 2019 covered all urban local bodies in the country, making it the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
- The Swachh Survekshan awards 2019 were conferred by President Ram Nath Kovind in New Delhi at a ceremony.