2. Ramit Tandon wins Seattle Open
- The top-seeded Indian squash player Ramit Tandon defeated Egyptian Mohamed El Sherbini in the finals to win PSA challenger squash Tour event ‘Seattle Open’.
- He rose to his career high ranking of 58 in the latest February list.
- Mr. Tandan won his first PSA title in the new year and fourth title overall in his career.
3. Ricky Ponting named Australia’s assistant coach for World Cup campaign
- According to Australia’s cricket board, Former captain Ricky Ponting (44-year) has been appointed as an assistant coach of Australia’s men’s team for the 50-over World Cup in England.
4. IPC lifts Russia’s doping ban
- According to the International Paralympics Committee (IPC), it will conditionally readmit Russia by next month.
5. SBI UK Chief honoured ‘Freedom of the City of London’
- Mr. Sanjiv Chadha (State Bank of India’s UK chief) has been honoured with the ‘Freedom of the City Of London’ in recognition of his contribution to promoting the bilateral relations.
6. India Pavilion inaugurated at 69th Berlin International Film Festival
- Director European Film Market (EFM) Matthijis Wouter Knol has inaugurated the Indian Pavilion at 69th Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale) 2019 at Berlin, Germany (7th – 17th February).
- The stakeholders of EFM will actively consider participating in the Golden Jubilee year of IFFI.
7. 2018 fourth warmest year on record
- An independent analysis by NASA & the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration have found that earth’s global surface temperatures in 2018 were the fourth warmest since 1880.
8. Indian Coast Guard signs MoU with Airport Authority of India
- Indian Coast Guard and the Airport Authority of India (AAI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for coordination in the aeronautical and maritime search and rescue operations.
9. India Jumps eight places to 36th on International IP index 2019
- India has jumped eight places to 36th position on the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index, which analyses the IP climate in 50 global economies, this year.
- India’s eight-point jump in 2019 from 44th position in 2018 is the highest increase among 50 nations mapped by the index.
10. MHA bans J&K outfit Tehreek-ul-Mujahideen over terror
- The Union Home Ministry banned the Tehreek-ul-Mujahideen (TuM) under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA).
11. 3-day Krishi Kumbh begins at Motihari in Bihar
- Today, The Bihar Governor Lalji Tandon and Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh jointly inaugurated three-day Krishi Kumbh in Motihari.
- This is the largest Krishi Kumbh of Eastern India.