1. Chennai Police launches mobile app ‘Digicop’
- Tamil films actor Vijay Serthupathi has launched a mobile app “DigiCop” at the Commissioner’s office, Vepery in Chennai.
- Using the App, people can track the status of stolen two-wheelers and cell phones (details of 18,000 mobile phones stored), know the nearest police station and traffic alerts.
2. 5th India-Bangladesh joint consultative committee meeting held in New Delhi
- The 5th India-Bangladesh Joint Consultative Committee Meeting was held in New Delhi.
- Sushma Swaraj (India’s External Affairs Minister) and Dr. A. K. Abdul Momen (Foreign Affairs Minister of Bangladesh) co-chaired the meeting.
3. CM Pema Khandu flags off Arunachal leg of Startup India Yatra
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu flagged off the Arunachal leg of the Startup India Yatra from civil secretariat in Itanagar.
4. American members of US-India CEO forum announced
- US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross has announced Ajay Banga (MasterCard CEO) and Steve Mollenkopf (Qualcomm CEO) as the American private sector members of the US-India CEO Forum.
- The first meeting of the forum will be held in New Delhi (on 14th February).
5. Pradeep Singh Kharola appointed Civil Aviation Secretary
- Senior IAS Officer Pradeep Singh Kharola (IAS officer -1985 batch- Karnataka cadre) has been appointed as the Secretary of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Kharola will take over from Rajiv Nayan Choubey.
- Currently, Mr. Kharola is the chief managing director (CMD) and Chairperson of Air India (from 9th January, 2018).
6. Dinkar Gupta takes over charge of DGP Punjab
- Senior IPS officer Dinkar Gupta (1987 batch IPS officer) has taken over the charge of Director General of the Punjab Police at a simple ceremony at Chandigarh.
- He succeeds current DGP Suresh Arora.
Honour & Awards
7. Francois Laborde Conferred France’s Highest Civilian Honour
- Father Francois Laborde (92-year) was conferred the Légion d’Honneur (Legion of Honour), the highest civilian award of France, in recognition of his work for specially-abled children.
8. Sena medals awarded to 92 army men, including Lance Naik Wani
- 92 army men were awarded Sena medals for their gallantry and distinguished services at an investiture ceremony in Udhampur.
9. Mirabai Chanu notched up gold at EGAT Cup in Thailand
- World champion Indian weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu (24-year) notched up a gold medal (in 48kg category) at the EGAT Cup in Thailand.
- Chanu (from Manipuri) won the 48kg category gold with an effort of 192 kg in the silver level Olympic qualifying event.
- She lifted 82 kg in snatch and 110 kg in clean and jerk to finish on top of the podium.
10. Smriti Mandhana scores India’s fastest-ever T20 fifty
- Indian left-handed batswoman Smriti Mandhana (22-year) scored 50 off 24 deliveries (India vs NZ – T20I in Wellington) to register the fastest T20I fifty by an Indian woman.
- She bettered her own record of a fifty in 25 balls, which she created in 2018 against England.