1. P V Bharathi appointed as the CEO of Corporation Bank
- PV Bharathi has taken charge as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Corporation Bank
- Earlier, Bharathi (first woman CEO of the Corporation bank) was the Executive Director in Canara Bank.
- She joined as an officer in Canara Bank in 1982 and handled key responsibilities in branches, regional offices, circle offices and the head office.
2. Special postage stamp on Kumbh Mela released
- Union Minister of state for Communications Mr Manoj Sinha has released a special postage stamp of the Indian Postal Department on Kumbh Mela.
- It is a commemorative postal stamp (cost-5 rupees) on Second Shahi Snan holy bath of Mauni Amavasya.
- Mr Sinha said the target to set up Passport Seva Kendra in all Lok Sabha constituencies will be achieved by end of this month.
3. 20th Bharat Rang Mahotsav inaugurated in New Delhi
- Minister of State for Culture, Dr Mahesh Sharma has inaugurated the 21-day-long nationwide theatre spectacle ‘Bharat Rang Mahotsav’ in New Delhi.
4. Kala Ghoda Arts festival inaugurated in Mumbai
- India’s largest multi-cultural street festival ‘Kala Ghoda Arts Festival’(KGAF) begins in South Mumbai, Maharashtra.
5. IORA meet on Disaster Risk Management today
- Twenty-two countries and nine dialogue partners of Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) has been deliberated on developing a draft Work Plan for Disaster Risk Management in IORA at a meeting in New Delhi.
- They will also discuss the need for establishing a Disaster Risk Management Core Group to take forward the agreed objectives under the Work Plan.
- Home Ministry in collaboration with National Disaster Management Authority is organising the meeting.
6. Mobile app launched for booking of Bungalow-5, Ashoka Road in Delhi
- The union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched a mobile app ‘Mashoka5’ for booking of Bungalow number -5, Ashoka Road in New Delhi (for any ceremony).
7. ‘ICT Academy Bridge 2019’ conference inaugurated in Tamil Nadu
- Dr M. Manikandan, Minister for Information Technology of Tamil Nadu has inaugurated ‘ICT Academy Bridge 2019’ conference in the city that
- The conference was organized under the theme “Fostering India for Industry 4.0”, by ICT Academy.
- It witnessed more than 1,000 participants from government, industry and academia.
- The 37th edition of the conference is the largest Industry-Institute Interaction Event of Asia.
8. CJI Ranjan Gogoi inaugurates Andhra Pradesh High Court
- The Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogai has inaugurated the new two-storied building of Andhra Pradesh High Court at Nelapadu in Amaravathy.
- Amaravati region has 16 court halls and the building costing Rs 150 Crore houses a 2.70 lakh square feet office space.
- Now, Andhra Pradesh is getting its own court four and half years after the state bifurcation.
9. Govt to launch a campaign to saturate farmers for financial inclusion under KCC
- According to Agriculture Ministry statement, The Union Government will launch a campaign to saturate farmers for financial inclusion under Kisan Credit Cards (KCC).
10. Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2018-19 (Series 6) opened from Monday
- The Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2018-19 (Series 6) has been opened from Monday (continue till 8th Feb 2019).
- The issue price of the Bond during this sub ion period will be three thousand three hundred twenty-six rupees per gram with the settlement date of 1st of February.
- The Centre in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India has decided to allow a discount of 50 rupees per gram from the issue price to those investors who apply online and make the payment through digital mode.
- The issue price of Gold Bond will be three thousand two hundred seventy-six rupees per gram of gold.
11. Veteran Marathi actor Ramesh Bhatkar passes away
- Veteran Marathi actor Ramesh Bhatkar (70-years) passed away at a hospital in Mumbai.
- Mr. Bhatkar was known for his roles in the TV series ‘Commander’ and ‘Hello Inspector’.
- He worked for more than thirty years as an actor in mainstream Hindi and Marathi films such as ‘ Aaj Pahije’, ‘Kucch To Hai’ and ‘Bhavesh Joshi Suerhero’
- His most recent movie was ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’.