Eligibility: Bachelors / Masters Degree
Experience: 2+ yrs
Job Role: Software Developer
The Society for Promotion of IT in Chandigarh (SPIC) has been set up under the aegis of the Department of Information Technology, Chandigarh Administration for implementing the various plans of the Administration to promote the IT industry in Chandigarh. The Chairperson of the Society is the Adviser to the Administrator.
1. Software Developer with excellent JAVA, PL/SQL skills with experience working in agile teams.
2. Tasks will include analyzing applications, performing refactoring changes as needed, and migrating the application to the latest technology/platforms. Provide application support upon this migration.
3. At least 2 years’ experience in development/implementation of small and/or large scale applications
4. At least 2 years’ experience with JAVA, PL/SQL
5. At least 2 years’ experience in Database design and development on SQL Server or Oracle Databases
6. Experience working within Agile Methodologies (eg. Scrum, Kanban)
7. Domain expertise in Supply Chain – Procurement, Distribution & Transportation, Manufacturing
8. Excellent programming and algorithmic skills and a taste for analytical challenges
9. Familiar with elementary machine learning techniques, large scale frameworks, how to write scalable code.
1. Experience in Software Development: contributing to DTE Software Development environment and tool chain
2. Candidate will work with internal business partners, product owners/managers and product designers to deliver products that delight end users
3. Work with product manager and UX designer to define application requirements and usability
4. Practice and teach development in a pairing model
5. Utilize, practice and teach test-driven development (TDD)
6. Knowledge: Apply extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts to deliver projects
7. Problem Solving: Provide technical solutions and implementations to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity
8. Discretion: Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
Education/Experience: Bachelors or Master’s Degree with 2 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.