- Afghanistan scored 278 for the loss of 3 wickets (in 20 overs) to register the highest-ever total in T20s at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- First player from Afghanistan Hazratullah Zazai scored 162 runs from just 62 balls.
- Earlier, in 2016 Australia’s record score of 263/3 which they achieved back against Sri Lanka.
- Zazai’s 236-run opening stand with Usman Ghani became the highest partnership in T20Is.
- They beat 223-run stand between Australia’s Aaron Finch and Darcy Short.
Highest innings totals:
|278/3 (20.0 overs)||Afghanistan||Ireland||Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Dehradun|
|263/3 (20.0 overs)||Australia||Sri Lanka||Pallekele Stadium, Pallekele|
|260/5 (20.0 overs)||India||Sri Lanka||Holkar Stadium, Indore|